Friday, September 12, 2008

Pennsylvania

I am not familiar with blogging, so hopefully some of you can tell me what I am doing wrong and help the "old lady" out.

I just moved to Pennsylvania to have an opportunity to get better acquainted with some of my childen and their families. Very difficult decision to leave my family in Idaho and California. I believe the decision was a good one, but very very difficult.

Like any state I have lived in Pennsylvania also has its beautfy. There are lots of hills and dales, mountains, lots of trees and greenery every where you look. Finding a flat spot anywhere is pretty difficult.

The new house will close around the 26th of this month. It is a small split level house. It will be perfect for me and the "girls". It is only 7 years old, and I bought it "as is". The family that lived there divorced, they were in the process of fixing up the unfinshed down stairs. They left some things undone, such as no ceiling in new bathroom and no dry wall in the spare room. Matt and Chris have volunteered to finish those things for me. So I got it for a good price. It has already been appraised for more than I paid for it. (buyers market)

I will live about 10 minutes away from Rachel and family. So I will be attending her ward. I have already been assigned a home teacher. A great brother that has already helped us move my things to the storage unit.

Funny thing about moving to different states. You have to get used to all new last names again. When I moved to Indiana there were a lot of German names, when I moved to Idaho there were just a lot of names to get familar with that I had never heard before. Attending church last Sunday, again more last names I have never heard.

It will be fun and a challenge to start a new life again with a new ward and a different house.

I am grateful for the many blessings of famiy in my life. Nothing can ever break the bond of family.......

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I am so glad to hear that things are working out for you. Good Luck on the move to the new house.