Hey mom and dad!
It sounds like you both had very different weeks haha. Baby Ben looks adorable and I can’t wait to get home and meet him!! I’m glad you were able to go and visit. I hope you enjoy the pictures that I sent and that they work. Sorry that I don’t have more, its kinda a pain to get them uploaded on the computer and send them, it takes some time. So hopefully four will do. Thanks dad for emailing the ab workout thing. Also mom thank you for forwarding Kaci’s email. I was going to check to see on a couple people to see if you forward me emails to them, Kaci was one, also Jason, and then Brittany´s family. So if you could email Brittany and get her moms email or something I would appreciate it. Thanks.
So this last week has been good. We have been working hard and finding quite a few new investigators, but its frustrating because then a lot of times they aren’t there for the next appointment we make so its really tough. Last week I went on 2 companion exchanges. The first one Elder Knackstedt went with the ZL so his comp came here and I had to lead us around the sector and everything that day. It was exciting but good. He was a latin so I couldn’t understand a lot of stuff he said but it was still fun. Then two days later Elder knackstedt went brought one of the members of our district here cause he’s the DL and I went with an Elder Brown from Las Vegas, and that was fun. He’s a cool guy. He went to BYUI for a year before he came out. He’s got about a year left on his mission.
So this is the last week of this cambio as they call it, so I could be going somewhere else next week, who knows. Most likely I’ll stay here for one more cambio with elder knackstedt but you can never know. I’d like to for one more cambio. The most exciting thing about this week though is we have 2 baptisms!!! Sister Flores finally got married last week and is getting baptized this Saturday by her husband, then little Sebastian Casas is getting baptized as well! And I get to baptize him! Its super exciting. I can’t believe I actually am going to be doing this ordinance for him. Its so exciting, and he is super excited as well. I’ve never met such a smart 10 yr old. We asked him the last lesson about the chapter he read, 1 ne 4, and he remembered everything! Like verse for verse and was even quoting it a little bit. It was awesome! He’s going to be a strong little member and probably go on a mission someday, its very exciting.
Other than that life here has been going good. I’m eating well and all that, and my health seems to be fine. When I am having a bad day, by the end of the day I forget about it and feel good about the work we’ve done. Its hard to always have the Spirit with me, but I’m trying. I’m able to teach more and do different parts of lessons and the people understand me, and I’m able to understand more and more, but my accent is still horrible. But its fun. There are good moments and bad moments haha. Oh to answer your question mom, I haven’t had fish once. Mostly we eat chicken and rice. Almost always there is chicken, and rice, but I don’t have a problem with it, yet ahah. I just use some good old salt. We have tons of Spanish BoMs so don’t worry about that. We have so many tools to use to contact people its great. Little cards and pamphlets and pictures. Its great. For my birthday... I have no idea. Honestly. I crave food a lot, cause I’m always hungry haha. Not that we don’t eat a lot, but I just work a lot so I can eat a lot more now than I used to when not working haha. Maybe some Cooler ranch doritos or something. Oh and no I haven’t used flea collars yet but my comp says the fleas aren’t here til summer, cause its winter here now, could have fooled me, but in some places fleas are bad, and some they aren’t. So we’ll see in a couple months. That tape recorder will be nice, that will be a good present. But I love you all and miss you all tons. Its great to hear from everybody. Have a good week!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment