Hey family and friends,
Whoa, whoa whoa… what’s this email from dad? ``Oh by the way, I quit my job and have a new one´´ haha. That was funny. That’s cool though dad, it sounds like a good switch and I’m sure it will all work out. Was Qwest in a bad spot with debt and everything? Well, keep me updated on how the new job is. Company car? What does that mean? It sounds good haha. So your time as bishop is about up huh? I don’t know exactly how you feel obviously, cause you’ve been there for 5 years, but I think I might get a little bit of how you feel for when I change sectors, cause all of a sudden I’m not going to be able to see how my converts are doing and members and everything like that. It will be sad. I’m really hoping I get at least one more cambio in this sector, my companion is most likely staying here for sure because he just got here and is district leader, but who knows with me. I’d like to, but its up to the Lord. I just got to keep working. I’ve really developed a love for one family here though, it will be hard to say goodbye to them, but I’ll be able to keep in touch.
I’m excited for the package you sent to get here. It probably won’t get to Antofagasta until after the cambio, so they will be able to know where to send it better. It goes to the office then from there they send it to me I’m pretty sure. Like the Zone leader picks it up then hands stuff out at our weekly meeting.
That will be fun for you guys to meet with Brittany’s parents. Its funny that you’re practicing dinner beforehand. I remember we had shishkabobs one night when I was at Brittany’s house for the week. I’m sure everything will be fine; it would be nice if Julie was good.
Your new calling sounds fun mom, I’m sure you will enjoy it. Our ward is going to temple in Cochabomba this week. They left this morning at like 5 and will get there at about 5, then come back Friday. They are all pretty excited, the ones that are going. They save up all year to go. It’s really special.
As far as other stuff that has happened this week… not much. We’ve been working hard, and not really seeing super amounts of success right now. We expected about 8 people at church at Sunday, investigators, and had 2, and we expected about 5 less-actives, and only had 2. A lot of our investigators are either not really progressing much or are progressing really slowly. But I’m trying to remember how big of a deal it is and how big of a life change it is, so if it takes time its ok. It takes patience, but while being patient we have to keep working.
It sounds like grandma carol is reading the Brothers book from her email haha. I dunno if you put her onto it or she happened to pick it up herself, but it made me laugh a little bit.
I’m trying to think of what else happened this week, it really flew by. In two weeks we might be going to a lake called Chungara or something like that. Its like one of the highest lakes in the world and is in Bolivia. It costs about 8000 pesos, but I think it´d be worth it and really want to go. Last time they went a missionary fainted haha. But it should be way cool.
I don’t have anything else to write about this week, but I’m thankful for all your letters and emails. You too Ryan, that was really cool of you to write. I love you all and miss you, and am excited to share all the things I’ve seen and learned in person when I get home. Have a good week!Luke
PS. I just forwarded all the emails I still had to my email address bulldogballer. If you are bored and want to go through them and organize them in some way. Like put them in folders from family, Brittany, the guys, and other friends, that would be cool. If not don’t worry about it. It was a lot of emails. I wish I would have done that before cause I deleted a bunch of them, and they will be fun to have in years to come I think. Also, last p-day we watched back to the future in Spanish as an activity with all the missionaries. It was funny. I knew that movie was good before, but after not seeing a real movie for 4 months, this was pretty much one of the best movies I’ve ever seen in my life haha. Even if it was in Spanish. Love ya!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment