Friday, September 25, 2009

Baptism this Saturday!

August 31, 2009

Hey everyone!
First of all I laughed pretty hard when I read that dad bought Rock Band 2 for something that mom and dad can do together. My companion thought that was pretty funny as well.
I have tons to tell you I feel like but I´m not sure where to start haha. This last week was amazing, we just kept working and all of a sudden it felt like everyone was letting us into their homes. We found quite a few new less actives that are going to let us begin teaching them and their families, and we also found two new investigators that seem pretty promising. One very very promising, she happens to be from Venezuela. So far our best investigators have been from countries other than Chile haha with her and Giordana. I really don´t know what was different with what we were doing this week, nothing really, but all of a sudden everyone was saying ¨Ya come in sit down. It was weird haha. Also, this Saturday, Giordana will be baptized! YAY!!!! She came to stake conference yesterday, which was the 3rd Sunday assistance she needed so this Saturday she will be baptized. I get to baptize her and my comp will do the confirmation. It’s all pretty exciting. Stake conference was really good yesterday too, our stake pres is amazing. In his talk he was talking about the priesthood and all the power it has, then he asked the ladies if they´ve ever asked their husbands if they could do that stuff with the priesthood, if they could even move a small pile of dirt with their priesthood. It was kinda funny, but his point was that there really is power in the priesthood, and that the men, and women need to trust in that power more. So after that when we were in my apartment I ended up giving my comp a blessing because he´s been kinda sick for a while, and after the blessing he said he felt more energy and we were able to complete the day strong. It was cool.

Today we got to go to Lake Chungara. Its one of the highest lakes in the world or something. It was cool and i took lots of pictures, I´ll send them sometime, but quite a few of the missionaries got sick from being so high up, my comp being one of them. He got super pale and light headed, then a couple others were throwing up. I felt fine, I felt a little motion sickness from the 3 hour bus ride, but when we were there we were fine. Remind me to tell you more about that bus ride when I come back home haha. It was interesting.







So during studies this week I happened to read Alma 20, and it was so cool. Because it relates incredibly well to the situation with Giordana and everything. I recommend you read it with the story of Giordana in mind, with her dad being a pastor of a different religion and everything. I don´t think we are going to get the same chance Ammon has in this chapter, but we´re going to read this with her sometime this week, it should be cool. So I´ve really almost got the tape filled up, sorry that its taken so long. By the time you get it it might be Christmas haha. Oh speaking of Christmas, I was going to tell you that for the call, I´m pretty sure its different and you guys have to call me here now, and I was going to see if there was some way you could still set up a conference call type thing of some sort for all that. If so that would be great.

Thank you for keeping my updated on all the stuff going on at home. I will love to get that memory card to see all those pictures and videos and stuff. That will be super awesome. Mom your story about Julie laughing so hard she peed her pants was funny. That stuff always makes me laugh. I was going to tell you that yes I think people are starting to see my funny side because I´m starting to be able to joke more and everything as I understand more and talk Remove Formatting from selectionmore. The other night I actually got everyone to laugh pretty good and I was so happy to be able to be involved like that haha.

Anyway, things are going good here, some days are harder than others but really it’s all pretty good. I love you all and miss you. Have a great week!!!

Luke

Starla and Telly, I love you both and miss you tons. I´m glad your families are all doing good and the babies are growing up healthy. I can´t wait to see your families when I get home.

No comments: