Friday, September 25, 2009

Qua-ki-sur-pee-nee-ku

Sept 14, 2009

Hey mom! Thanks so much for the email and the photos, they were adorable. Sorry this email is late, I almost didn´t get the chance to email you today, cause the server for our email thing was down or something. So I´m getting this sent a little later than usual. Anyway, I´m so happy to hear about telly and bryce in their new house and everything they are doing. They sound like they are happy from what you say. Tell telly if she gets a few extra minutes to shoot me a quick email. It doesn´t have to be long I´d just like to hear hows she´s doing from her point of few. Same with Starla. Slacker sisters haha just kidding. I´d like to think I´d write them if I had more time on the internet every pday but I can´t guarantee it so I won´t give them too much grief. Just mention the whole he´s your only brother and it took him long enough to finally go on a mission the least you can do is write him once a month ;) haha just kidding. Tell them hi and I love them.

So I´m staying here for at least one more cambio. My comp left to Copiapo and is going to be zone leader there. Copiapo is 18 hours south in bus. OUCH. hopefully when I leave here it will be a little bit closer. I would prefer that. But he actually gets a full bed on the bus or something like that. So that would make it not too bad I guess. But still, 18 hours. At least he has his ipod and we´re allowed to use headphones for long bus trips like that. I´m sure the bus has movies too, which we probably should n´t watch but I don´t think its a big problem if we do. I mean, 18 hours! Yikes. ANyway, my comp comes in tomorrow so I´m with another missionary awaiting his comp til tomorrow as well. My new comp is a gringo too haha, and will be finishing his mission in december. So he only has 2 cambios more. SO most likely I´ll leave this sector after this cambio because if I didn´t then I´d have to stay the one after he goes home and that would be a ridiculous amount of transfers in one sector. I would lvoe that but I doubt that happens.

The work has been going as usual. We have found some more investigators but its hard to see if they´re really going to progress yet and everything. We have one girl wendy but she´s really hard to find in her house to teach and she wasn´t able to come to church the last two weeks, so she might just be lazy or really be busy with her schedule. Hopefully we can see her wednesday to figure it all out. Other than that we´ve just kept working. I´ve been pretty happy with myself and everything we´ve been doing. I know i have tons to improve but I know I´m working and stuff, my spanish is not horrible, obvoiusly not great, but I´m getting there. Having a latin comp would probably help but it looks like I´ll have to wait a bit for that. Having a latin comp is probably weird though haha, at least thats what I hear.

Oh so on my 6 months anniversary we went to the Flores and burnt a crappy tie to keep the missionary tradition. It was fun, it burnt well. I´ll try to send photos sometime of it.

Oh so tomorrow the bishop is going to have an interview with Giordana and give her a calling. I´m excited for her. She´s so awesome. I know she looks angry in the pictures but really she´s almost always smiling and looks beautiful when she is so try not to judge her by those photos. She is so excited to be part of the church and help, but she still hasn´t told her dad. She just needs to do it! But I understand its hard. hopefully she can soon. Poor girl.

Well, I got to get going, sorry the email was lame this week, if you ever have any questions just let me know. Oh and I really really do want to come back here and visit chile pretty soon after my mission. So if you guys want to think about that and plan it even if I have to do it as a missionary it would be ok, or maybe I could be released by my mission president here, but thats a long ways away, as dad said in his email, only 18 months to go! Yikes haha. Love you all!!!

Boanerg

No comments: