Sunday, October 5, 2008

Skene's

I've enjoyed reading everyone's messages. We will miss Chelsea and Reed when they move this month. Our "girls" lunches are getting smaller and smaller. Looks like it's just Sarah, Alli, and I....we'll think of you while we feast on our Paradise Pie and Molten Chocolate Cake.

We are very excited to go to Starla's next weekend to see Shantel and Zoey. Shantel's mother-in-law, Caroline, is coming to Utah for her parents anniversary so she invited Shantel along. Bryce is not sure he will come as they don't know what to do with their dog. I...of course... have lots of Halloween gifts and goodies to give the granddaughters.

Luke was able to attend Sat and Sun morning conference sessions this weekend. His friend, Brittney, came from California with 2 of her friends. Dan had 4 extra tickets to each session...better that waiting and hoping to get in, which was their plan. They all stayed at Starla's. I'm am very anxious to here from Luke how the visit went.

I am just about done going through Dad's things. There were approximately 35 sets of salt/pepper shakers. Some had only one part of the set. Many had tape on the bottom with my Grandma Cooks handwriting listing the town/state/year it was bought. Some, it was written right on the bottom. I have separated and put them into "family" piles. There were also 60+ figurines of deer. I also separated them into the piles. There were a few that when I saw it...I knew immediately who should get it. The left overs I plan on mailing to Dennis. Alot of these were bought during his childhood years.

I also went through the many scriptures/books and other odds & ends...separated them out and gave the remainder to Dennis. I have sent each of the boys emails of some items I'm not sure about. Ladies...please help me.....have them look at them. I am anxoius to get it done. Dan wants his side of the garage back. I am going to paint the dresser white and put it in Julies room and paint the headboard light blue to match the boarder and put it in the craft/Starla's room.

It's been lonely without Carol here. I really miss her. I've got to admit...I drive by the house often.

Thanks again, Hayley, for starting this blog. I enjoy reading about your lives.

No comments: