
Hola!
Hey family! How is it going? Thank you for the continued letters and support. I love them. It sounds like you had a fun Easter with Julie. That's funny about her running to get the eggs, I can just picture it. Also with her playing basketball and going from letter to letter. When I get home we might need to repaint that.
Thank you dad for sending me some Jazz updates, Ben saw that and sent me a letter to catch me up too haha. I thought it was funny. I'm assuming they're playing the Lakers since they lost to them and stuff. That stinks that they ended up 8th this year, but maybe they'll surprise the Lakers... I doubt it, but it would be neat. That's cool that you are reading that book the Brothers, I really liked it. All of them were pretty good but that first one was my favorite. I was surprised when mom told me you were reading it.
How is the garden coming? Is it actually coming? I'm excited to see it when I get home, that should be fun to do. Oh and to answer a couple of your questions mom, we do not have a culture class, we have 2 teachers who teach us spanish and gospel principles, they are both really cool. One is Hermano Smith who went to Peru, the other is Hermana Watterson who went stateside somewhere spanish speaking. THey both attend BYU and are really cool. They teach us lots. I have not met anybody else going to Antofagasta or who has been there, so I have no clue still what its going to be like really other than dry maybe haha. Also, I am starting to get a little anxious to leave the MTC, but I do enjoy it here well enough. My comp and I are getting along better, cause its getting harder to teach and stuff so we're having to come together in that way. Also I'm just trying to have more charity and stuff, and I think he is too, so its good for both of us.
I have couple questions before I tell you about my awesome exciting week. First, you mentioned something in a letter about the DearElder Pouch Service? What is that? I still have no idea really what the service is and how all that is going to work, so any info would be fantastic... and I think that might be my only question...
So on Sunday, I was picked on to give a talk in Sacrament, so I gave it on charity and love for about 5 min like we're supposed to and it went well, what was really cool though was later that night. We had our fireside as normal, and the speaker was Richard Heaton, whose in charge of something ehre at the MTC, but his talk was on charity and love as well, and he gave a very similar talk as mine with the same scriptures and everything, but with his own mission stories. So that was pretty cool I thought how mine earlier that day was really similar.
The coolest thing this week though was DEVO, we had Elder Holland here!!! It was so so cool. He's such a powerful speaker. He talked about so much stuff, remind me when I get home and I'll show you my notes haha. But what really stuck with me is how much I need to work on really becoming a disciple of Christ. Like... not that I'm not worthy to bear His name, but... I'm not. Are any of us? So I've really committed to working on that. After the DEVO we had a district testimony meeting like always, and we all had just felt the Spirit so much, it was really cool. 7 men crying in a room bearing their testimonies to each other haha. It was a really good experience though. My testimony is growing so much, and I have a much greater desire to improve myself.
SPanish is coming ok still, we practice taught a teacher today in spanish, who was pretending to be an Atheist, we got rocked, but it was good for us. I'm trying to practice the hardest things here so I don't have to experience them for the first time in the field. I know it will be different in the field but I'm trying to make real good use of the MTC. Even though I may be a little sick of it here, no way do I feel ready to be out there.
I got Telly's letter today, she had the wrong box number but they figured it out. Is she still looking to see if people are trying to contact me via facebook? Or can you do that mom? My username is my bulldogballer email address, and my password is Thunder33. Brittany let me know of someone that wanted to get ahold of me on there so I'm just checking.
Sorry that my emails are like novels. I wish I could write to you more throughout the week but I can't so that's why you get these monstrous emails. I'm trying to think of anything else exciting I can tell you... It snowed here this week and it was really good snowball snow so we had a snowball fight, that was fun. I need to take more pictures but I forget... as usual. We get a new district leader Sun, I feel bad for Elder Zmoos, he's been our distrcit leader, and he's done really good, but he was supposed to be released last sunday but they didn't, and he's kidna sick of it, cause he has to deal with stupid stuff. But I feel bad for him because he'll be released this sunday then probably called to Zone Leader next sunday. He's kinda sick of leadership positions. Anyway, life here is good. I am having fun and learning lots. Tell everyone hi for me and that I love and miss them all.
Love you!
Luke (Elder Skene)
Thank you dad for sending me some Jazz updates, Ben saw that and sent me a letter to catch me up too haha. I thought it was funny. I'm assuming they're playing the Lakers since they lost to them and stuff. That stinks that they ended up 8th this year, but maybe they'll surprise the Lakers... I doubt it, but it would be neat. That's cool that you are reading that book the Brothers, I really liked it. All of them were pretty good but that first one was my favorite. I was surprised when mom told me you were reading it.
How is the garden coming? Is it actually coming? I'm excited to see it when I get home, that should be fun to do. Oh and to answer a couple of your questions mom, we do not have a culture class, we have 2 teachers who teach us spanish and gospel principles, they are both really cool. One is Hermano Smith who went to Peru, the other is Hermana Watterson who went stateside somewhere spanish speaking. THey both attend BYU and are really cool. They teach us lots. I have not met anybody else going to Antofagasta or who has been there, so I have no clue still what its going to be like really other than dry maybe haha. Also, I am starting to get a little anxious to leave the MTC, but I do enjoy it here well enough. My comp and I are getting along better, cause its getting harder to teach and stuff so we're having to come together in that way. Also I'm just trying to have more charity and stuff, and I think he is too, so its good for both of us.
I have couple questions before I tell you about my awesome exciting week. First, you mentioned something in a letter about the DearElder Pouch Service? What is that? I still have no idea really what the service is and how all that is going to work, so any info would be fantastic... and I think that might be my only question...
So on Sunday, I was picked on to give a talk in Sacrament, so I gave it on charity and love for about 5 min like we're supposed to and it went well, what was really cool though was later that night. We had our fireside as normal, and the speaker was Richard Heaton, whose in charge of something ehre at the MTC, but his talk was on charity and love as well, and he gave a very similar talk as mine with the same scriptures and everything, but with his own mission stories. So that was pretty cool I thought how mine earlier that day was really similar.
The coolest thing this week though was DEVO, we had Elder Holland here!!! It was so so cool. He's such a powerful speaker. He talked about so much stuff, remind me when I get home and I'll show you my notes haha. But what really stuck with me is how much I need to work on really becoming a disciple of Christ. Like... not that I'm not worthy to bear His name, but... I'm not. Are any of us? So I've really committed to working on that. After the DEVO we had a district testimony meeting like always, and we all had just felt the Spirit so much, it was really cool. 7 men crying in a room bearing their testimonies to each other haha. It was a really good experience though. My testimony is growing so much, and I have a much greater desire to improve myself.
SPanish is coming ok still, we practice taught a teacher today in spanish, who was pretending to be an Atheist, we got rocked, but it was good for us. I'm trying to practice the hardest things here so I don't have to experience them for the first time in the field. I know it will be different in the field but I'm trying to make real good use of the MTC. Even though I may be a little sick of it here, no way do I feel ready to be out there.
I got Telly's letter today, she had the wrong box number but they figured it out. Is she still looking to see if people are trying to contact me via facebook? Or can you do that mom? My username is my bulldogballer email address, and my password is Thunder33. Brittany let me know of someone that wanted to get ahold of me on there so I'm just checking.
Sorry that my emails are like novels. I wish I could write to you more throughout the week but I can't so that's why you get these monstrous emails. I'm trying to think of anything else exciting I can tell you... It snowed here this week and it was really good snowball snow so we had a snowball fight, that was fun. I need to take more pictures but I forget... as usual. We get a new district leader Sun, I feel bad for Elder Zmoos, he's been our distrcit leader, and he's done really good, but he was supposed to be released last sunday but they didn't, and he's kidna sick of it, cause he has to deal with stupid stuff. But I feel bad for him because he'll be released this sunday then probably called to Zone Leader next sunday. He's kinda sick of leadership positions. Anyway, life here is good. I am having fun and learning lots. Tell everyone hi for me and that I love and miss them all.
Love you!
Luke (Elder Skene)
No comments:
Post a Comment