
Dan and I have decided to follow Matt and Hayley's idea to have a garden this year. Every year we say we should get started on it and never do. We had a wonderful garden many years ago when we lived outside of Rexburg...lots of strawberries and corn on the cob....and a nice garden in Boise. Of course in Boise we had a longer growing season and I had wonderful children who helped weed and harvest....now all I have are three fat people that get winded just walking to the garden.
Our neighbor rented a tiller for his garden and let us borrow it today. He also 'shared' some of his llama poop for fertilizer (I bet you didn't know it has more nutrients than cow manure and less stinky or so they tell me) So we raked and threw llama poop all over the area and Dan tilled it in. It was a first for me...flinging llama poop. Now all we have left to do is rake the rocks and weeds out...we live in an old river bed...smooth the dirt...plant the seeds...chase the deer away, and the mice and voles, and the dogs and cats and weavels and the cows and horses that get out, oh and don't forget to water, and chase the rabbits away and pull weeds again and .........
No comments:
Post a Comment