Friday, April 10, 2009

Luke's Letter 4-10-09

Hey!

So this last weekend ws pretty cool wasn't it? We just all watched conference from the building we have devotional in and stuff. It was cool. My favorite talk was Elder Holland's about the Atonement and Easter and stuff. It was just soooo powerful! I loved it. I also liked President Uchtdorf's talk with reference to Nehemiah, and President Eyring's talk with reference to the story in Black Hawk Down. Ever since we went to conference last year at this time I've found a lot more application in the talks from conference. It's weird thinking that last conference was when I really made the decision to serve a mission. But its cool.

Thunder, you're not doing a very good job of keeping me updated on the Jazz and stuff. I just barely learned today that UNC won the NCAA tourney. Where you at? Haha, just kidding. The seasons got to be about wrapping up though for NBA right? Playoff time? I heard from my teacher the Suns didn't make it because he's from Arizona, but he didn't know anything else. I'm guessing the Jazz made it, I hope anyway.

Thanks for the letters from Julie. I enjoy them, they crack me up because i can see exctly how she looks or how she's saying it. Its fun.

So Brittany came over after conference on sat? It sounds like you had a bit of fun together. She really is an amazing girl. Her family sent me an easter package as well, with notes from all her siblings and some cookies and some other stuff. It was really cool. That would be awesome if you could visit with all of them in July. They're a great family. I was going to ask if you could pick up brittany or whatever for when I call on Mother's Day. Not that I need to talk with her one-on-one but if she could just be there while I"m on speaker phone or something that would be great. I leave the next day so I'm pretty sure I'll be calling again from the airport or something. So that will be nice. I kinda wish those days were more spread out, it will be kinda weird calling two days in a row haha, but it will be nice.

Thank you so much for the package with Grandpa's ties and all that great stuff. You're great for sending me stuff like that. I really appreciate it. You should tell Shantel that she should write me a letter sometime, even if its really short, I'd like to hear from her. Thank you for forwarding letters to friends and everything.

My hands are doing a lot better now. Lotion worked. I am definately into the routine here, except for when I sleep. I haven't slept a whole night through yet. I always wake up at least 3 times and have issues falling back asleep. Its stupid. But it does feel like I've been here for a long time, but also like its not been too long. its a weird feeling.

My companion is so nuts. Well, not nuts, just... he's a girl. I dunno how else to explain it. He had a crying attack the other night because he felt like no one listened to his opinion, and then 3 nights later he was crying again because he felt like people picked on him. And we really dont', I dunno. Its just weird. I get along with him ok most the time, but I have to ignore him a lot because he's like a 14 yr old girl I feel like. It's frustrating. Elder Callis and I are trying to figure out ways we can get him to "man up" or something. He does little femme hand gestures all the time and is always calling stuff cute or adorable, and it just gets awkard in a room of 4 guys to do that. But it helps me build up my patience.

There's 4 district in our zones, and ours is the second oldest one now. The oldest district takes off in 1-2 weeks or something, then it will be us. So that's kinda a weird feeling. Everyone in my district leaves May 11 or 12. Elder Zmoos, our district leader, and I haev been talking about maybe rooming together at BYUI when we get back, he's a really cool guy and we get along really well. I love that gift you got for the grandaughters, it sounds super funny.

Anyway, I've got to get going. I love you mom and dad. Thank you for everything!!! Say hi to Julie for me.

Love always, Luke

No comments: